DON’T BE A VICTIM… FIGHT BACK
WE’VE HELPED THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS GET THEIR CHARGES REDUCED OR DISMISSED… NOW, LET US HELP YOU! FOR DOMESTIC ASSAULT AND BATTERY CHARGES, WE ALWAYS OFFER YOU AN EXTENDED PAYMENT PLAN TO FIT YOUR FINANCIAL NEEDS!
YOU CAN’T AFFORD A CRIMINAL RECORD
When you trust your Domestic Assault and Battery charges to our experienced attorneys, we will work closely with you, from the beginning, to explore all aspects of your case, including:
- Dismissal of your Charge
- Reduction of your Charge
- Possible Defenses
- Plea Bargain Options
- Trial to find you “Not Guilty”
HOW VIRGINIA LAW APPLIES TO YOU!
Having handled thousands of criminal cases in all the courts of Northern Virginia, we understand how critical your job and/or your security clearance are to your livelihood and your family. If you are convicted of Domestic Assault and Battery, you are facing not only significant jail time and a substantial fine; but you will also receive a permanent criminal record with the FBI and Homeland Security and you could potentially lose your job, your security clearance, your right to possess a firearm, future employment opportunities and your future!
In order for the Commonwealth of Virginia to prove a Domestic Assault and Battery charges, they must prove that you:
1. Committed an Assault and Battery against a person; and
2. That person was:
- a. Your spouse, whether or not he or she resides in the same home as you; or
- b. Your former spouse, whether or not he or she resides in the same home as you; or
- c. Your parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, brothers, sisters, half-brothers, half-sisters, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of whether such persons reside in the same home with you; or
- d. Your mother-in-law, father-in-law, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law who reside in the same home with you; or
- e. Any person who has a child in common with you, whether or not you and that individual have been married or have resided together at any time; or
- f. Someone you cohabitated (lived with) within the previous 12 months, or any children cohabiting the same home.
In order for the Commonwealth of Virginia to prove an Assault they must prove that you:
1. Committed an overt act; and
2. Intended to do bodily harm to another; or to place a person in fear or apprehension of bodily harm; and
3. Possessed the present ability to cause such harm.
In order for the Commonwealth of Virginia to prove a Battery they must prove that:
1. There was the willful touching of another; and
2. There was no legal excuse or justification; and
3. It was done in an angry, rude, insulting or vengeful manner.
If you are found guilty of Domestic Assault and Battery, the punishments can be very severe! Domestic Assault and Battery is a CLASS 1 MISDEMEANOR, which can result in you being sentenced up 12 MONTHS IN JAIL and a fine of up to $2,500, or BOTH!
In addition to the significant discovery, due diligence and legal work we do to get your Domestic Assault and Battery case dismissed, your participation in appropriate programs and classes prior to court can significantly increase your odds of an even more successful outcome … such as:
- Anger Management Classes
- Volunteer Community Service
- Alternative to Jail Programs
- Alcohol Education Classes
- Letters of Recommendation
Our domestic assault and battery attorneys have over 30 years of experience in successfully handling domestic assault and battery charges in all the courts of Northern Virginia, so let us help YOU!
With over 30 years of criminal defense experience in successfully handling thousands of cases, many like yours, we make you 3 GUARANTEES that no other law firms we know of in Northern Virginia offer:
OUR 3 UNIQUE GUARANTEES
- When you call us, you will always speak personally with one of our experienced and successful attorneys about your case, NOT a paralegal or secretary!
- We always design a customized “Plan of Action” just for your case and not just a cookie-cutter template!
- We always provide you with a personalized “Payment Plan” to meet your financial needs!