DON’T BE A VICTIM… FIGHT BACK
WE’VE HELPED THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS… NOW, LET US HELP YOU! REMEMBER… FOR ALTERED OR FORGED TAGS CHARGES, WE ALWAYS OFFER YOU AN EXTENDED PAYMENT PLAN TO FIT YOUR FINANCIAL NEEDS!
YOU CAN’T AFFORD A CRIMINAL RECORD
When you trust your Altered or Forged Tags charge to our experienced attorneys, we will work closely with you, from the beginning, to explore all aspects of your case, including:
- Dismissal of your Charge
- Reduction of your Charge
- Possible Defenses
- Plea Bargain Options
- Trial to find you “Not Guilty”
HOW VIRGINIA LAW APPLIES TO YOU
Having handled Thousands of Criminal Traffic Cases in all the Courts of Northern Virginia, we understand how critical your job and/or security clearance are to your livelihood and your family. Altered or Forged Tags is considered a “Crimes of Moral Turpitude.” These are crimes that involve lying, cheating, or stealing. Because of this, if you are convicted of Altered or Forged Tags, you are facing not only significant jail time and a substantial fine; but you will also receive a Permanent Criminal Record with the FBI and Homeland Security and you could potentially lose your job; your security clearance; future employment opportunities; and your future.
In order for the Commonwealth to prove the charge of Altered or Forged Tags, they must prove:
1. That you, with fraudulent intent, either:
- a. Altered a license plate or decal issued by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles or by any other state, or
- b. Forged or counterfeited any license plate or decal purporting to have been issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles; or
- c. Held or used any license plate or decal knowing it to have been altered, forged, or falsified.
If you are found guilty of Altered or Forged Tags, the punishment can be very severe. Altered or Forged Tags is a CLASS 1 MISDEMEANOR, punishable by up to 12 MONTHS IN JAIL and a fine of up to $2,500, or both!
In addition to the significant Discovery, Due Diligence and Legal Work we do to get your Altered or Forged Tags case Dismissed, your participation in appropriate programs and classes prior to Court can significantly increase your odds of an even more successful outcome … such as:
- Letters of Recommendation
- Alternatives to Jail Programs
- Community Service
- 8-Hour Driver Improvement Class
- 4-Hour Aggressive/Reckless Driving
Our criminal traffic attorneys have over 30 years of experience in successfully handling Altered or Forged Tags charges in all the Courts of Northern Virginia.
With over 30 years of criminal defense experience in successfully handling thousands of cases, many like yours, we make you 3 GUARANTEES that no other law firms we know of in Northern Virginia offer:
OUR 3 UNIQUE GUARANTEES
- When you call us, you will always speak personally with one of our experienced and successful attorneys about your case, NOT a paralegal or secretary!
- We always design a customized “Plan of Action” just for your case and not just a cookie-cutter template!
- We always provide you with a personalized “Payment Plan” to meet your financial needs!