DON’T BE A VICTIM… FIGHT BACK
WE’VE HELPED THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS GET THEIR CHARGES REDUCED OR DISMISSED… NOW, LET US HELP YOU! REMEMBER… FOR BAD CHECK CHARGES, WE ALWAYS OFFER YOU AN EXNTENDED PAYMENT PLAN TO FIT YOUR FINANCIAL NEEDS!
YOU CAN’T AFFORD A CRIMINAL RECORD
When you trust your Bad Checks charges to our experienced attorneys, we will work closely with you, from the beginning, to explore all aspects of your case, including:
- Dismissal of your Charge
- Reduction of your Charge
- Possible Defenses
- Plea Bargain Options
- Trial to find you “Not Guilty”
HOW VIRGINIA LAW APPLIES TO YOU!
Having handled thousands of criminal cases in all the courts of Northern Virginia, we understand how critical your job and/or your security clearance are to your livelihood and your family. Issuing a Bad Check is considered a “Crimes of Moral Turpitude.” These are crimes that involve lying, cheating, or stealing. Because of this, if you are convicted of a Issuing a Bad Check, you are facing not only significant jail time and a substantial fine; but you will also receive a permanent criminal record with the FBI and Homeland Security and you could potentially lose your job, your security clearance, future employment opportunities, and your future!
In order for the Commonwealth of Virginia to prove a Bad Check Charge, they must prove:
1. That you wrote, uttered, passed or delivered a check on a bank; and
2. That you knew at the time you acted that there was not sufficient funds with the bank to cover payment of the check; and
3. That the act was with the intent to defraud; and
4. That the check was in payment as a present consideration for goods or services.
If you are found guilty of issuing a Bad Check, the punishment can be very severe! Issuing a Bad Check is a FELONY, punishable by up to 5 YEARS IN JAIL, if the check was written for $200 or more. Issuing a Bad Check is a CLASS 1 MISDEMEANOR, punishable by up to 12 MONTHS IN JAIL and a fine of up to $2,500, or both, if the check was for less than $200.
In addition to the significant discovery, due diligence and legal work we do to get your Bad Check case dismissed, your participation in appropriate programs and classes prior to court can significantly increase your odds of an even more successful outcome … such as:
- Financial Education Courses
- Volunteer Community Service
- Anti-Shoplifting Classes
- Alternative to Jail Programs
- Letters of Recommendation
Our criminal defense attorneys have over 30 years of experience in successfully handling Bad Check charges in all the courts of Northern Virginia, so let us help YOU!
With over 30 years of criminal defense experience in successfully handling thousands of cases, many like yours, we make you 3 GUARANTEES that no other law firms we know of in Northern Virginia offer:
OUR 3 UNIQUE GUARANTEES
- When you call us, you will always speak personally with one of our experienced and successful attorneys about your case, NOT a paralegal or secretary!
- We always design a customized “Plan of Action” just for your case and not just a cookie-cutter template!
- We always provide you with a personalized “Payment Plan” to meet your financial needs!