DON’T BE A VICTIM… FIGHT BACK
WE’VE HELPED THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS GET THEIR CHARGES REDUCED OR DISMISSED… NOW, LET US HELP YOU! REMEMBER… FOR ASSAULT AND BATTERY, AND ASSAULT AND BATTERY ON A POLICE OFFICER CHARGES, WE ALWAYS OFFER YOU AN EXTENDED PAYMENT PLAN TO FIT YOUR FINANCIAL NEEDS!
YOU CAN’T AFFORD A CRIMINAL RECORD
When you trust your Assault and Battery, and Assault and Battery on a Police Officer charges to our experienced attorneys, we will work closely with you, from the beginning, to explore all aspects of your case, including:
- Dismissal of your Charge
- Reduction of your Charge
- Possible Defenses
- Plea Bargain Options
- Trial to find you “Not Guilty”
HOW VIRGINIA LAW APPLIES TO YOU!
Having handled thousands of criminal cases in all the courts of Northern Virginia, we understand how critical your job and/or your security clearance are to your livelihood and your family. If you are convicted of Assault and Battery or Assault and Battery on a Police Officer, you are facing not only significant jail time and a substantial fine; but you will also receive a permanent criminal record with the FBI and Homeland Security and you could potentially lose your job, your security clearance, future employment opportunities and your future!
In order for the Commonwealth of Virginia to prove an Assault they must prove that you:
1. Committed an overt act; and
2. Intended to do bodily harm to another; or to place a person in fear or apprehension of bodily harm; and
3. Possessed the present ability to cause such harm.
In order for the Commonwealth of Virginia to prove a Battery they must prove that:
1. There was the willful touching of another; and
2. There was no legal excuse or justification; and
3. It was done in an angry, rude, insulting or vengeful manner.
In order for the Commonwealth of Virginia to prove Assault and Battery on a Police Officer, they must prove:
1. That you committed an assault or assault and battery against another; and
2. That you knew or had reason to know, when you committed the assault or assault and battery that the other person was a law enforcement officer; and
3. That the law enforcement officer was engaged in the performance of their public duties as a law enforcement officer at the time the defendant committed the assault or assault and battery.
If you are found guilty of Assault and Battery or Assault and Battery against a law enforcement officer, the punishments can be very severe! Assault and Battery against a law enforcement officer, is a CLASS 6 FELONY, which can result in you being sentenced up to 5 YEARS IN JAIL! Assault and Battery is CLASS 1 MISDEMEANOR, which can result in you being sentenced up 12 MONTHS IN JAIL and a fine of up to $2,500, or BOTH!
In addition to the significant discovery, due diligence and legal work we do to get your Assault and Battery or Assault and Battery on a Police Officer case dismissed, your participation in appropriate programs and classes prior to court can significantly increase your odds of an even more successful outcome … such as:
- Volunteer Community Service
- Anger Management Classes
- Alternative to Jail Programs
- Alcohol Education Classes
- Letters of Recommendation
Our assault and battery attorneys have over 30 years of experience in successfully handling assault and battery and assault and battery on a police officer charges in all the courts of Northern Virginia, so let us help YOU!
With over 30 years of criminal defense experience in successfully handling thousands of cases, many like yours, we make you 3 GUARANTEES that no other law firms we know of in Northern Virginia offer:
OUR 3 UNIQUE GUARANTEES
- When you call us, you will always speak personally with one of our experienced and successful attorneys about your case, NOT a paralegal or secretary!
- We always design a customized “Plan of Action” just for your case and not just a cookie-cutter template!
- We always provide you with a personalized “Payment Plan” to meet your financial needs!
Other Criminal Defense Practice Areas: