Keith was born into a “Navy Family” where his father attained the Rank of Captain and his mom was a school teacher. As a Navy family, Keith moved and lived all over the country including Northern and Southern California, Charleston, South Carolina, New Orleans, Louisiana, Newport, Rhode Island and Honolulu, Hawaii.
After Graduating from High School, Keith attended and graduated from Franklin College of Indiana, where he was only one of a few students to graduate with “Distinction” noted on his diploma. Having grown up watching “Perry Mason” the iconic and long running criminal defense T.V show, Keith senior year High School Yearbook said it all in the answer to a question under his picture; What do you want to be?…. Answer; A Lawyer like “Perry Mason!”
So… After Graduating from College, Keith attended law school at “The International School of Law” in Washington D.C (which merged into Virginia’s George Mason School of Law). Helping to put himself through Law School. Keith worked for several years at various restaurants and bars throughout the Washington D.C area as a waiter, bartender, “bouncer” and manager.
During this time, Keith was presented with a once in a lifetime opportunity to move to the Caribbean island of St. Martin/St. Maarten to design, build, develop and own a “Restaurant/Bar” in a Marina Complex in the capital town of Philipsburg.
After several years of living and working in the Caribbean, Keith sold his Restaurant/Bar, moving back to The Northern Virginia area to get married and begin a family. After moving back to Northern Virginia, Keith Founded and Published an internationally acclaimed travel magazine “Caribbean Travel and Life.” But, the dream of being a lawyer like “Perry Mason” never wavered. So, Keith entered into and completed the Virginia State Bar “Law Reader” program and subsequently passed the Virginia Bar Exam, becoming licensed as a Virginia Lawyer in 1986.
Keith then started his own solo attorney Law Firm and, has since built to into the multi-lawyer law firm of Nova Legal Group, P.C. focusing on both criminal, and criminal traffic defense as well as personal Injury/Accident Law; having handled many thousands of each of these specifics law practice areas.
In the course of his practice, Keith has been honored by the Legal Profession, having been awarded amongst other prestigious Legal Awards the following:
- Selected one of the nations “Top 100 Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers
- Nominated as one of the 10 Best Attorneys for the State of Virginia by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys in 2014
- Marquis Who’s Who in American Law
- Selected as on of the top 100 DUI attorneys in Virginia by the NAFDD (National Advocacy for DUI Defense)
- Selected as one of the Nation’s Top One Percent of Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Keith and his two sons (who both now live in NYC) are all fans of the Nationals and The Washington Capitals; but, part ways when it comes to Football, as his two sons are New York Giants Fans, While Keith is naturally a Die-hard Washington, Redskins Fan.
1. Selected one of the nations “Top 100 Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers
2. Avvo Rating of “Superb” (10 out of 10)
3. Nominated as one of the 10 Best Attorneys for the State of Virginia by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys in 2014
4. Marquis Who’s Who in American Law
5. Selected as on of the top 100 DUI attorneys in Virginia by the NAFDD (National Advocacy for DUI Defense)
6. Selected as one of the Nation’s Top One Percent of Attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Criminal Law, Criminal Traffic Law, Personal Injury Law, Business Law
1986, Virginia State Bar; also, U.S. District Court for The Eastern District of Virginia
Virginia Law Reader Program
Franklin College of Indiana, B.A. 1973; Graduated “With Distinction”
Virginia State Bar
Arlington County Bar Association